5 Things to Know Before Selling Your Diamond Engagement Ring
Diamond Buyers is a Generous Buyer of Diamonds, 1 to 10 carats…
1. Shape: The shape of your diamond can affect the resale value as much as the 4 C’s, cut, color, clarity and carat weight.
- Round cut diamonds are the most in demand and command a premium over most all other shapes; as much as a 20% premium.
- Princess cut, Cushion cut Asher cut and Radiant cut are the next most in demand and popularity.
- Next would be Emerald cut, oval and pear-shaped.
- Marquis cut although very popular in the 90s are now the least popular and least in demand and sell for less than all other shape.
2. Cut Proportions: The cutting proportions of your diamond are critical in its resale value. This pertains to all shapes. Cutting alone can affect the value of your diamond as much as 20%.
3. Fluorescence: Fluorescence is not desirable in a diamond. Depending on its intensity it can decrease the value when selling a diamond ring by as much as 10 to 15%.
4. GIA Certificate: A GIA diamond certificate is your best assurance of getting what your diamond is worth. If you do not have such a certificate but do have an appraisal or a copy of your sales receipt please scan it and e-mail it to us and we will call you to discuss exactly what you have.
5. Credibility Only deal with a company that has a GIA trained gemologist on staff. Mike Menser the owner of Diamond Buyers is and has been for over 40 years. Also, only deal with members of the Better Business Bureau. “Show me the money” definitely holds true when selling a diamond or engagement ring. Be certain the company buying your diamond has the ability to pay for it and do so promptly. Diamond Buyers guarantees to wire transfer the money into your bank account the same day you approve our offer. You may contact Zion’s bank to verify guarantee of payment.